Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Welcome Back to School!

Wow, what a great first week of third grade we had!  I am very impressed with the academic and citizenship skills of this class!  Students are working hard on vocabulary, addition/subtraction drills, teamwork, writing paragraphs, class discussions, reading fiction & nonfiction, place value, cursive, typing, spelling, and more!
Students using laptops to learn keyboarding skills on the first day of school.  Mr. Jameson visited our classroom on the second day of school and was very impressed with their typing!

 On Friday, we had a school-wide citizenship training where the students rotated around the school to learn how to be responsible, respectful, and safe at Altara. Students demonstrated knowledge by volunteering good ideas and participating in different scenarios.  We are already well on our way to excellent citizenship.  In fact, we begin each day by reciting, "I will be responsible, I will be respectful, I will be safe, I will do my best, Go Kittyhawks!"